Lilypie

Monday, January 29, 2007

Antz Attack!

I hate pests! Cockroaches and rats especially. I think I am herpetophobic (albeit rather minor). Which is why I always get freaked out when I see any cockroach or rats (and there are still rats running around in my neighbourhood!).

Now the latest - ants! I have become an ant murderer. I just wiped out an entire colony the other night. I have been seeing ants coming and going in my room for quite some time, but had no idea where they came from. I always thought the ants were from outside my house and managed to climb through my window into my room.

Then by chance, I got to sort out my stationery box, which is on a shelf of my desk. What I saw gave me a big shock! There was an entire colony of ants under the box! The ants were lounging around, and I even saw the nest (or part of it) at the side of the box.

The sight freaked me out so much that I immediately went off to get the insecticide and sprayed the whole lot of them. Then I cleaned out the shelf and found the "culprit" - my half-eaten packet of Cadbury Dairy Milk. So this was where I stashed them. No wonder the entire packet just disappeared! Needless to say, I had to throw away the entire packet as well.

After everything was cleaned, I realised that I just wiped out an entire colony! Does it make me a conqueror then? I did not feel good after that, because I took away so many lives just like that. This taught me a lesson though - not to stash so much candy in my room again! Or rather, not to forget where I put the candy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...