Lilypie

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good Things Come In Threes ....

I started this week with happy news, hoping that this happy mood will stay for the rest of the year. Too much to ask, perhaps, so maybe I shall hope it will continue for the rest of the week at least?

Firstly, I am finally singing again! I got accepted into my church choir. My first session with them will be this coming Sunday, where I was asked to join them for practice and singing for the mass. The choir is made up of working adults, so I need not feel out of place joining a Youth choir in other churches anymore. The choir sings for Sunday evening mass, so I can sleep more during the weekends and spend more time with my family.

Besides singing, the choir also has gatherings and outreach to the poor, mission homes and projects during festive seasons. Plus, the members also get to go overseas for retreats! What more can I ask for? Something I love to do, combined with community service and serving God and contributing to the church at the same time! It even has a very cool name - St Mary's Choir, a tribute to our own Holy Mother herself!

The second thing is that the new Counsel finally came on board yesterday. So I can finally de-stress and have a load off my mind! After holding the fort all by myself for more than a month, I really welcome this "break". Besides, there have been lots of pending cases on hold for his professional advise. He seems like a nice and soft-spoken person, but I really pity him at the end of the day, as he looked so stressed just after a day!

I had lunch with him today and we started talking about work, and then the conversation went to personal issues like working experience and family. Apparently, he was the Legal Counsel of a certain statutory board where a former classmate of mine is working in, and it turns out she used to work for him when he was the head of the department of that statutory board. What a coincidence!

Furthermore, he praised me for being initiative and able to handle things well. First time I actually had good praises from a new superior! So, he is giving me quite a bit of leeway at work, ie I can send out correspondence and emails in my name, without even the need to let him check or go through him. Freedom and trust at work is what I have always wanted, so what more can I ask for?

As if that is not enough, the best news came today. I received my confirmation letter! So I am finally entitled to the full benefits and priviledges of the company! There is no increment in my pay, but I may expect a certain amount of bonus with this month's salary. Really looking forward to that, especially with Chinese New Year just round the corner!

With good fortune smiling on me, I can only hope that the week will only get better. I sure do not wish for it to get any worse than this!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Congo rats :D

juphelia said...

Thank you! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...