Lilypie

Friday, January 26, 2007

Monkey Business

I saw a monkey crossing the street on Wednesday. No, I am not kidding. This is not a joke. Nor is it a dream or illusion. I have eyewitnesses to this "spectacular event", including my new boss. We saw the monkey standing at the side of the street, looking at the oncoming cars, and once the street was cleared, it quickly bounded across. Very intelligent fellow!

Where did the monkey come from anyway? According to some of my colleagues, since our office building is near to one of the few nature reserves, the monkey could have come from there. There were those who ever saw a mother monkey crossing the street with her baby clinging to her front. Perhaps that was the baby we saw (that is now grown up)?

How did the monkey know when the street is safe to cross? Just like for dogs, cats, chickens even, how will they know when the coast is clear? I have seen dogs and cats (and even chickens when I was younger) crossing the street, with no accidents (except for the very rare ones). How did they know when danger would pass them by?

It is amazing, is it not? The laws of nature, giving animals a natural instinct for safety and danger. Who taught those animals that certain things are safe and dangerous? Who taught those animals to breed? Who taught those animals to love and be loyal?

Nobody. Nowadays one can train a pet to obey, to fetch, to be disciplined, but the fundamental nature in them is that they stay faithful. They know when one is upset, when one is gone, when somebody is safe or dangerous to them. And they go all out to protect the family they belong to.

Humans, on the other hand, have all the education and knowledge, yet why is it that some humans still do not know how and what to do? So who is it that came to the conclusion that man is the most intelligent of species? Comparing species of nature, at times I think man's intelligence is below other animals.

On a side note, National Geographic sent me a jacket for renewing my subscription. It is a very nice jacket, made of polyester, feels like a sweat shirt. It can keep me warm during cool nights and cold weather overseas, but what a pity it is a bit too big for me! And there is no way I can ask for an exchange since there is only that one size for the jacket.

Anyway, I took a picture of the jacket. Pardon the colour as I took it with my phone instead of my camera. What do you think? Nice?

Actual size - I can wear it like a mini dress!

2 comments:

Iceman said...

"Humans, on the other hand, have all the education and knowledge, yet why is it that some humans still do not know how and what to do?"

They dunno how and what to do because they have all the education and knowledge, that's why. Ha ha. Monkeys know nothing, that's why they know what to do. Ha ha.

juphelia said...

Haha, perhaps you are right there!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...