Lilypie

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What A Boo-Boo!

I have been the only one left in the department for about a month now. I heard news that the Head of the Department (my new boss), was supposed to come today (yesterday actually). So the past week, I had been reviewing cases and familiarising myself with the next step so when he comes, I can keep him in the loop.

When I reached office in the morning, I saw someone sitting at the desk vacated by my previous boss. When my immediate supervisor left, I shifted to her place, which is in front of his desk. So anyway, since the person sitting there was unfamiliar, I thought it was the new Head. Thus, I went over to introduce myself.

I was just about to tell him the ongoings of the cases, when he told me, "I do not think I am who you think I am." (Eh?) He introduced himself as someone from the Bangkok office, just dropping by for meetings, and he was asked to sit there since the place was vacant. Realisation dawned then and I was too embarrassed to say anything else!

What possessed me not to ask clearly first? Now I have really made an ass of myself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...