Lilypie

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Only Love (Is) The Reason (For) Something Stupid

I was in a sing song mood for the weekend, so I started crooning to these tunes which I love.

Only Love ~ Trademark

When I first heard this song, it strikes a raw chord in me. I was at one of the Watsons department stores, and I stopped whatever I was doing (or looking for) and listened to the song from beginning to end. And I cried after that. Since then, I have always loved this song. The tune is so soothing, the lyrics so intense, it makes me feel loved and lost.

Each time whenever I feel lost in love, stuck in a relationship rut or want to decide where things are going, I will always listen to this song. But this time I sing along simply because I love it, not because of any other reason. This will be one of the songs I always sing whenever I go for any karaoke session.

2am and the rain is falling
Here we are at the crossroads once again
You're telling me you're so confused
You can't make up your mind
Is this meant to be
You're asking me

(Chorus)
But only love can say
Try again or walk away
But I believe for you and me
The sun will shine one day
So I'll just play my part
And pray you'll have a change of heart
But I can't make you see it through
That's something only love can do

In your arms and the dawn is breaking
Face to face and a thousand miles apart
I've tried my best to make you see
There's hope beyond the pain
If we give enough, if we learn to trust

(Chorus)

I know if I can find the words
To touch you deep inside
You'd give our dream just one more chance
Don't let this be our last goodbye

(Repeat Chorus)

That's something only love can do ....

The Reason ~ Hoobastank

I first heard this on the radio, and find the tune very catchy. The acoustics make me want to swing to the rhythm. The lyrics are also very meaningful, to learn from one's past mistakes and start over as a new person. After that, I would hear the song playing in department stores but never managed to find out the title until last year when I heard it again on the radio.

I'm not a perfect person
There're many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

(Chorus)
I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches your tears
That's why I need you to hear

(Chorus)

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

(Chorus)

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you

Something Stupid ~ Frank Sinatra / Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman

The "Old Blue Eyes" sang this originally. I always find it a rather rhythmic song, perfect for a dance. Then Robbie Williams sang the improvised, hippier version with the ex Mrs Cruise, where the tune is even catchier.

I know I stand in line
Until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go some place to dance
I know that there's a chance
you won't be leaving with me

And afterwards we drop into
A quiet little place to have
A drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like "I Love You"

I can see it in your eyes
That you still despise the same old lines
You heard the night before
And though its just a line to you
For me it's true
It never seemed so right before

I practice everyday
To find some clever lines to say
To make the meaning come true
But then I think I'll wait
Until the evening gets late
And I'm alone with you

The time is right
Your perfume fills my head
The stars get red
And oh, the night's so blue
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like "I Love You"

I love you .....

P/S. The MTVs are above, for anyone who is interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...