Lilypie

Monday, July 2, 2007

An Ex Meeting

Miracles happen everywhere. Everyday something crops up and it is a miracle. A baby is a miracle, considering a woman can only conceive a few days a month. A miracle is something that happens when it is deemed almost impossible. Miracles can be something very big, like creating the universe. But to me, a miracle can be something very small, like making peace with people whom I thought I would never hear from again.

What do I consider a miracle? I was able to sit down and have a drink with my second ex and his wife, amicably, catching up like old friends, without any feelings of awkwardness and hostility on our parts. And that was what we did. I met up with them earlier on to pass them the wedding gift I got them.

It is not a surprise for him to show concern as he is the type that cares for his friends. What surprises me is that she shows concern for me too. And I feel really glad about that, because I never wish for any enmity between us.

He asked about my parents, grandmothers and brothers. He said that I should start doing something, since we are already this age, find someone suitable and should not waste anymore time on another futile relationship, otherwise I may never make my 201020102010 dream wedding date. Hmmmm.... he actually remembers. And I thought I am the only one who remembers things about him ....

Overall it was a pleasant meet-up. I feel really happy for them. Our parting words is that he will probably see me at my best friend's wedding, and hopefully to see me at my own wedding soon. Somehow word got out that I was meeting him last night, and on my way back, I received a flurry of messages from three of our friends, who asked if I was alright. I replied that I am okay of course. What I feel really happy about is that finally my long-overdue burden has been let go of, as I never feel anything even if they behave so lovingly in front of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...