Lilypie

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Durian (Cake) Workshop

I went for two durian cake-making workshops on Friday night and Saturday morning. These workshops are interesting as the cakes are to be chilled, hence no oven baking is involved. Cool! Then I can finally make a cake without having to go through any oven!

Not using an oven means the steps are so much simpler and easier. All you need to do is to mix the ingredients together, whisk all together, then put in the fridge and let the cream settle. The tip is to use durians that are in season, so the fruit itself is softer and more aromatic. Also, remove all the seeds, crush the flesh and freeze the durians before mixing them into the cake ingredients.

I went home smelling like a big durian! But the efforts are paid off though, especially when people who ate the cakes all gave positive comments! I shall try out the recipe on my own one of these days and see if I can do it just as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...