Lilypie

Friday, July 27, 2007

Anything? Whatever!

Recently there had been a couple of rather tacky commercials going around in the cinemas (and mobile TV on buses) introducing the two new drinks, Whatever and Anything. Strange to say, the way the mass media had been promoting the drinks, they cannot seem to be found just anywhere. Perhaps now more shops are selling, but it is still hard to find in a general convenience store.

My brother told me that one of the provision shops near my area is selling, so he went to buy Whatever, and told me it is not bad tasting. Yesterday, at the petrol kiosk next to my office, I happened to see the two drinks, so bought them.

I think Whatever is the non-carbonated one and Anything is the carbonated one. The guy drank one and told me it is nice. So I tried the other one. My first impression is that it tastes like root beer! Root Beer Light. Since it was carbonated, I was not able to finish the whole can, but the drink itself is just like a normal soda, nothing really extraordinary.

However, hats off to the creativity of the creators behind them, to come up with names like that, and make people wonder just what those liquids taste like. I shall try the non-carbonated one next time, wonder if it tastes better than the carbonated one?

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

The drinks, despite the tacky ads, is "innovative" in one more way.

That is: [Different flavors with the same can.] So, 2 cans of "Whatever" may not be the same flavor. (I got to know this when I saw their booth in Bugis.)

I think they have about 6 flavors for each can type.

juphelia said...

6 flavours?! Now I have to scout around to see how many flavours I can find.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...