Lilypie

Friday, July 20, 2007

Gourmet Paradise!

This entire trip has been a gastronomical feast for me. Besides the fact that my parents crave for Chinese food every few days, the food I have partaken was great! Scrumptious, delicious, satisfying, pleasurable... in a nutshell, just GREAT!

In Malta, there were lots and lots of pasta, not to mention the traditional dish - Rabbit Stew! Yes, I know people will shoot their eyebrows up at me eating rabbit stew, but when I have mistakenly tasted one thinking it was chicken, I found it so nice and tender, so juicy... So I stopped thinking and just kept eating. A pity I still could not stomach the other Maltese traditional dish - Octopus Stew.

In Britain, there was English breakfast, Yorkshire Pudding, Fish and Chips and Shepherd's pie. People who know me know that I swear by almost anything English, so it is of no surprise to others that I will partake all the traditional English dishes! Even the Chinese food was good, better than a lot I have tasted!

Furthermore, I got to eat Raspberry Creme Brulee and Bonaffee Pie! I first heard of Bonaffee Pie when Juliet (Keira Knightley) offered it to Mark in "Love Actually". Since then, I have been searching high and low for it but the only place I have seen it is the various Pizza Huts of Great Britain. It is made of banana and caramel, with a dash of whipped cream on top, and the taste is just heavenly!

Now that I am back, I can go back to explore all the different places for good food again! And now I have to rush, going for dinner at Porridge King, for the Sexy Crispy Sambal Belachan Fish! Another mouth-watering experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...