Lilypie

Friday, July 27, 2007

A Tennis Game At Last!

Finally my voice is about 90% recovered! I sound more normal now, not as husky as the past few days. And I have almost stopped coughing! Which is a big relief, as the way I was coughing last night, I thought I could have contracted pneumonia or something.

Anyway, I played tennis again, after a long long time. I would not even say it is a game, as it lasted only half hour or so, and we were picking up balls more than actually serving. If I was not coughing so badly or did not contract a slight cramp in my thigh, the game would have lasted much longer, at least an hour. The poor guy, deprived of a longer game. Must make it up to him and have a fuller session when I am fully recovered.

What surprises me is that I can still serve. I have not played a single tennis game for the past five years or so, yet I can still serve relatively well. Not that good of course, but better than I thought already, as initially I thought the ball would not even go over the net. Perhaps it is due to the racquet I was using, the Ladies Beginner's Power Serve racquet.

Now that I may be playing tennis more often, I have to start shopping for a new racquet, as the one I had was given to my brother who used it to its last days. Of course it will be the Ladies Beginner's Power Serve racquet for me all the way! While about it, I may as well get a pair of new running or court shoes too, as the pair I had followed me to the Mediterranean and United Kingdom and back, and now they had to be disposed of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...