Lilypie

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Drunk Again ....

What started off as a family lunch as an early birthday celebration for my youngest brother, became an embarrassing string of events, which I could not remember but was recounted to me. All because I made the mistake of drinking a cocktail in the morning before I ate anything. Now I know why drinks are to be taken at night and not in the morning, the effects are so much worse in the morning!

My youngest brother will be turning nineteen, so I thought of commemorating the joyous occasion by indulging in a Singapore Sling. This is also to celebrate my own coming of age, albeit a very belated one, considering how old I will be this year. Anyway, after lunch I was meeting the guy for a movie and dinner, so I excused myself after my parents paid the bill.

Before I even managed to walk to the door, I collapsed on the floor. I had to sit down again and put my head on the table. My mum then told everyone to go. I tried to stand up and walk, but could not manage. Both my brothers had to hold me up. I could not remember anything as I was totally comatose that short period of time!

According to my brothers, they tried to hold on to me, but I collapsed in the restaurant, banged into some people and my things from my bag started dropping out and scattering everywhere. They had to pick up after me, and dragged me to the front door, where I collapsed again, blocked the doorway and prevented a family from coming in.

They then pulled me out of the restaurant into the open air and waited while my dad went to collect the car. That was when I became conscious. In my mind, all I remembered was putting my head down on the table to rest, and all of a sudden, I found myself out of the restaurant with no recollection whatsoever as to how I got there.

When my brothers recounted to me what I had been up to, I was horrified! If I really did that, that would be so embarrassing indeed! I hope I did not get blacklisted and not allowed in ever again! When my dad came, I felt much better, although still a bit tipsy, so I requested him to drop me off at the nearby shopping mall. My parents wanted me to go home and rest but I did feel much better. Needless to say, I got a big scolding from my mum for drinking when I could not hold my liquor.

Anyway, when my parents dropped me off, I was still feeling a bit unsteady, so I had to quickly find an empty seat to sit down. I called him to tell him the situation, and he came down to find me. We had a hot tea, then went into the movie theatre. He kept holding on to me to ensure I was alright.

The rest of the day went by with no fuss. I felt okay after the movie, even throughout the show. My stomach was a bit uncomfortable throughout the day, but that could be due to other factors as well. My mum called me in the middle of the show to find out if I was alright, so I said yes. At that time, I was really feeling alright already.

Never again would I do something like that! Imagine to just collapse in front of so many people in the public! All because I drank when I was not able to handle. That was really so embarrassing indeed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...