Lilypie

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Matter Of Keys ....

I was in such a fluster the past couple of days as the keys to the safe were unaccounted for, when yesterday, someone finally found them! Apparently, the workers who shifted my things kindly put some stuff in a box, then left the box in a corner without letting anyone know (me included). And because it had been some time since they shifted (they started moving the next day I was away), they forgot about that too.

When I asked around if anyone had seen anything of mine (I did not let on that such an important item was missing), everyone declared they did not touch anything. Then one of the workers suddenly remembered about the box, went to open it, and voila! The rest of my things are inside!

Whew! Thank goodness for that! At least my worries are unfounded, otherwise my head would literally roll! For some reason, I am the only one who can access the safe, because the keys have to to used in conjunction with the combination lock. Thus, even if someone knows the combination, he will not be able to open the safe without the keys. And I am talking about almost twenty years worth of original database!

Having said that, I got called for another interview, also in a pharmaceutical company. All their legal work was outsourced so they need someone in to start up a legal team, which I find it strange actually because normally in situations like this, companies hire a Head or at least a senior experienced counsel, then build up a team from there. Now just have to see where that goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...