Lilypie

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Walk By The Marina

Keppel Bay Island is a small cosy island, just behind the Caribbean condominiums. Across the island is the construction of the new condominium called Reflections, which will cost a bomb. Last night was the second time I was there. The first time was just passing through without actually stepping in.

The yachts and water look so inviting that my friend and I took a walk around the bay after dinner. The water looks so sparkling that it really has the reflection of the lights and things around the bay. This was the first time I actually saw reflections in the water here. I have seen that in other countries but not here, perhaps because we may not have enough lakes or sparkling water to capture any reflection in the first place.

Walking by the bay in the night sky, with an almost round moon and seeing the clear water and admiring the yachts are one of those things in life which I have not done for quite a while. That stretch of the marina outside the restaurant kind of reminds me of St Julian’s Bay in Malta whereas it reminds my friend of Monaco. I must go to Monaco one of these days, if I can weave it into my planned tour of the European continent, which will take root after next year, if things go well.

We saw big yachts and small yachts, even a little jet boat which we wonder who that belongs to, as it seems only Lilliputans can fit in there. While walking, I had an epiphany. That moment, I feel that the paradigm of our friendship has shifted. In fact, even throughout dinner, something seemed to be happening.

Maybe because we have not gone out with each other just by ourselves for a while now, but whatever it is, I have never felt that level of comfort and familiarity last night as compared to other times. It is hard to describe, it was as if for one of the few rare times, both my head and heart works in synchrony. Is it a good sign then for better things to come? But who is to know if it is mutual?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...