Lilypie

Monday, November 17, 2008

Growth Of The Young(er) Generation

Good news in the family : I have another niece now! My eldest Australian cousin just had another daughter on Saturday. I just saw the pictures and she is so beautiful! I love the photo where her elder sister was looking at her and kissing her forehead! Awww…. So sweet! The elder girl is growing up beautifully too! Her hair is showing natural highlights, due to her mother being blonde, and her skin colour is fairer than most Asians, but not that fair for a Caucasian.

When I was back in school doing Biology, I was told that a cross-pollinated flower / plant will have the most beautiful flowers and the sweetest fruit, because it is a mix of the best from both seeds. But then, it is the luck of the draw, is it not? Who is to say there will not be the worst of both?

In the same context, a mixed race kid seems to be better, intellectually and physically. I am not saying for all. I have come across the other extreme too. But then my niece(s) need not worry, they come from intelligent and good looking parents in the first place. So this makes the third grandchild (all girls!) for my uncle and aunt.

Strangely, my uncle and aunt have only sons, and now their sons have only daughters, for now. My other cousin was the younger of two girls until her elder sister passed away. She was supposed to be a boy, and now she herself has a son. It makes the fourth great-grandchild for my maternal grandmother. The pressure is piling, I cannot deny that, but now I have learnt to shut all out and just focus on me, myself and moi. One never knows what will happen in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...