Lilypie

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Banking Situations Of The Ridiculous Nature

Now that another banking giant has been bailed out, hopefully the situation will start to improve. How long can the taxpayers continue doing that, I wonder? Because of all the situation in the financial industry, banks are more aggressive than before in case of a run. So I was involved in quite a ridiculous situation.

Before I went away, I deposited some payment cheques. I must have overlooked writing my account number on one of them, so when I was away, someone called me, regarding the account number. Since I did not have the details with me, and it was past midnight over there, I said I was overseas and would check when I was back.

That fellow over the phone really riled me. He said, "Are you sure you are overseas? Your ring tone does not even sound like you are overseas!" He called me when I was already in bed, I did not even kick up a fuss since he was not in the know, but when I told him I was away, he had the cheek to say that? So I told him if he wanted a scanned copy of my passport and boarding pass before he was convinced, and in any case, I could only give him everything when I returned!

When he put down the phone, I called the bank again and spoke to the manager. The manager was rather apologetic and promised to wait until I return. Recently, due to the efforts of the past few months, I managed to save up enough to pay off whatever remaining outstanding I still have, so I wrote a big cheque to the bank.

Before that, I called the bank and asked if I was able to make the full payment, could they then waive off the remaining interest? I was told that I could get a ten percent discount, and even received an official letter on the ten percent rebate, so I wrote out the cheque accordingly less ten per cent.

Today, someone called me again, and asked the reason for the rebate. I said I had the official letter stating the ten percent rebate. Then she told me because my minimum payment did not come in this month, they have to put up to the management and subject to approval whether I could get the rebate as requested.

So I said I am already paying in full, why do they still need to bother about the minimum payment? In paying the amount in full, even with the ten percent rebate, they are still getting back more than what they would be getting if I just pay the minimum, is it not? Why would anyone turn that down?

She then asked how did I get the money? So I said does it bother as long as I pay? She said the management has to find out how did I suddenly get the money to pay. Right... so I said they did not worry, I sure did not get the amount through any illegal means! Ridiculous, is it not? Perhaps someone could suddenly strike lottery and have the money, or perhaps someone could have gotten a windfall, right? Does it really matter?

So I said I did not rob or steal, neither did I pimp or prostitute myself, nor commit murder, nor ask from a sugar daddy. The money is obtained from legal and normal means, not black money. When I did not pay, they come after me, threatening action, now when I pay, they still question where I get the amount to pay? Ridiculous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...