Lilypie

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Last Interview

That day, twenty-third of October, I was running around the whole day. I went for an interview after work, at a shipping company headquartered in Norway, for the post of a Contracts Manager. And the contracts are for goods of millions, which means if one word of clause is wrong, the company stands to lose millions and whoever that signed the contract in the first place will have his / her head rolling.

However the benefits are pretty good though. There will be medical benefits for employee and family, overtime allowances for meals and transport, dental and optical benefits, laptop and mobile phones fully supplied. Much better than my current company!

Of course, the downside will be that since the employees are supposed to be mobile, they have to be on call at all times of the day or night for that matter. I guess being a company that deals with offshore firms, that cannot be helped as the time zones are different so people do have to work round the clock at times.

Having said that, another headhunter called me when I was in New Zealand, for an opening in one of the investment linked companies here. It was a position which I was highly excited about, but unfortunately, the next day I was told the company was freezing its headcount, thus the opening would be shelved for a while. Now, if that company is freezing headcount, then I really fear for myself!

Furthermore, no one from the other interviews I went to have called me yet. Oh well, perhaps I may just be stuck for a while more!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...