Lilypie

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In Hot Soup!

I am in deep trouble! When I came back to office a couple of weeks ago, my place had been shifted, so I spent some time tidying up my desk. Now it seems that one plastic bag is unaccounted for. That plastic bag contains some dried food, slimming drink and a red box. I do not care so much about the others, but the red box absolutely has to be found, as that is the box containing the keys and the combination to the safe! If that is lost, all our original documents are as good as gone!

I was in a fluster the whole morning, asking around for the workers who shifted my things, and the girl who took over my previous place. Both said they did not see anything. The workers said they were told to shift, so just shifted without touching anything else. The girl said when she took over the place, everything was empty already. I even went back to look through everything just in case, and it was not there!

So how can that suddenly disappear into thin air? I checked all the cupboards just in case I might have kept it without remembering, and nothing was found. Which makes me wonder, now with all the trouble brewing, is it just possible someone took that away deliberately so as to get me into real trouble, and once I am ousted the box will mysteriously appear on its own?

You may say I am being dramatic, but I am no longer that naïve to think things like these will not happen. Power struggle is part and parcel of human nature. My cousin who was the top student from the top school ever got her notes stolen before an examination and her notes then mysteriously appeared in her file once the examination was over. People do such things not because they wanted to study her notes; rather they did it just so she would not be able to revise and hopefully score lower.

Just like now, people do that not because they think I am not able to find ways and means to solve the problem (I can always call the locksmith, break into the safe, re-do the combination and make another set of keys, even at my own expense), but because this is something serious that can get me fired once and for all, and to certain people, they no longer need to face an eyesore.

So what can I do? I am in quite a desperate state. Why must things always happen at the wrong time, even more so now that performance appraisal is drawing near, and my bonus (if any) depends on how much I am graded for this year? Why do things keep going wrong this year? If God is punishing me for whatever reason, it is more than enough for anyone to bear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...