Lilypie

Friday, August 7, 2009

Calling Off A Trip

So my South African trip is called off. I will so love to go, but considering a few factors, it is really not a good time. Firstly, I may not be able to take any leave as my office is shifting to bigger premises end of the year. Secondly, there is massive integration after mergers and acquisitions, so there are lots of loose ends to tie up. Thirdly, I have family commitments due to some issues. Fourthly, since I am now more committed to religious activities, there are definitely lots of activities around the Christmas period.

It is a pity as it is a place I truly like to explore, but at times, one has to weigh the circumstances and see what is more important. I hope my friends who are going enjoy themselves thoroughly, as it truly is a beautiful place! Timing is important in whatever things we do. Perhaps I can still go there next year after the World Cup when the tourist season is not at the peak. Or I can always go another time, adapt another route and travel around on my own, if my parents allow, that is!

1 comments:

Julie Lim said...

It can be terribly disappointing when you have to cancel a trip you're looking forward to due to unforeseen circumstances. But like you said - timing is important :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...