Lilypie

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Expert's Brush

My makeup and hair for the photoshoot yesterday was really natural. I look almost fresh-face on camera. And I am proud to say I look really pretty too. It is really amazing what makeup and hair does to a person!

The thing is the makeup was not anything fanciful, I can go out of the studio into the streets looking like that without people staring at me as if I have layers of paint on my face. Yet the makeup artist did use lots of cream and powder to make me look natural.

There was hardly any colour at all - the foundation, creams and powders blended into the colour of my skin, the blusher was a natural flush, even the lipstick looked natural. The only thing that stood out was my eyes, but even then they were not overly made up, yet I know the layers of makeup I had is definitely much more than what I would normally wear.

Well.. no wonder he is the professional and I am not. The kind of makeup I put on myself, people can tell I am wearing makeup, and sometimes may appear a bit too heavy, making me look more sallow. Yet with the layers the artist put on me yesterday, the most people could see was that I have a natural flush and pronounced double eyelids (thanks to eye taping!), yet I look more natural than when I put on makeup myself! Blending is indeed very important!

And the hair, it was nothing fanciful too. All the stylist did was to sweep my fringe to the side and held it in place with hairspray, and the rest of my hair she tied it into a ponytail. All she did was take a strand of my hair from the back, made it into a knot, then slipped the rest of my hair into the knot, making a ponytail without even using any rubber or elastic bands, holding it up with just a few pins! Expert!

I never had a ponytail ever since I left school. People know I always prefer to let my hair loose, thus I do not really use hair accessories. I do not tie my hair unless I am doing sports, even then it will be just into a ponytail, unless I bun up my hair on special occasions. So when I left the studio yesterday, I look really good! Much younger at least!

The best thing was that, for some reason, a couple of guys suddenly came to talk to me on the streets. Hmmmm.... I have always swear by makeup, and yesterday's incident made me affirm all the more that the right makeup and hair really brings you places! It is really good to look good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...