Lilypie

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

National Day Long Weekend

It was the National Day long weekend, and for once in a long while, I was actually busy instead of being bored with nothing much to do but be a couch potato. August seems to be a busy month for me.

Last Friday I went for a third story-telling session for CHOICE, and this time, I felt emotional and on the verge of tears when I shared my talk. It was rather overwhelming as I did not feel that emotional writing the talk!

On Saturday, I sang for a wedding in church, then went to Novena, and after that for a dinner and movie outing of G.I. Joe. Having never watched any G.I. Joe cartoons or series although I know about them growing up, I watched the movie without expecting anything, yet I find it a much better show than Transformers 2. I like Transformers more than G.I. Joe yet its the latter movie that took my breath away! I will highly recommend anyone to watch it - the special effects are stunning!

On Sunday, I did the usual church activities then spend the rest of the day at home, house cleaning. House cleaning continued on Monday. I am expecting guests for the week, so I need to make my room spic and span, and a more "live-able" condition, in my mother's words. I cannot believe the amount of junk one can accumulate after just half a year (the last time I cleaned my room)!

So it is back to work today. I am so glad it is just a short week (shorter at least). Looking forward to having guests this week and the international reunion for the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...