Lilypie

Monday, August 3, 2009

"Puss" In Boots

I used to wonder why people generally think locals do not know how to dress, as compared to our other Asian counterparts. So I tried being fashionable yesterday. I wore a white knitted dress with knee-high boots. I think I look good, and my friend said so too!

However, I start to understand now, why it is that we do not dress like our North Asia counterparts. It is not as if we do not like to wear the same kind of clothes. For instance, I am pretty happy carrying off a woollen cap, or boots with shorts, or boots with jeans and whatnot, but it is due to the weather that people do not dress like that.

I wore the boots for just the evening, and already I could feel my legs perspiring! Imagine dressing for cooler climates in hot and humid weather! I have no idea if anyone was looking at me with an incredulous look because no one here actually dresses like that, but still, who cares as long as I look good?

Despite it all, I will want to pull off this combination again. It makes my legs slimmer, gives the impression I am taller and I feel so much more confident when I look good, so why not? Who cares how others think anyway?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...