Lilypie

Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Blues ....

I started sniffling and coughing last Wednesday. My voice started to go on Thursday. After reaching the office on Thursday, I felt really under the weather, so I excused myself to see a doctor and found out that I was down with common cold, no swine flu, thank goodness!

So I was on medical leave for Thursday and Friday. Friday night I went out to meet my cousin-godma and another cousin. Saturday I had a gathering at my place for the April CHOICErs, to discuss the welcoming and making of the cards for the August CHOICE weekend, where I cooked spaghetti and provided drinks and writing / drawing materials.

Saturday night I went to watch “District 9” and “Coco avant Chanel”. I think I was still feeling unwell then, or perhaps it was because I was seated in the front row nearest to the screen, or perhaps it was due to the way District 9 was filmed, but I started developing motion sickness while watching the show – headache, nausea, felt like lying down. Still it was not too bad.

Sunday I decided to take it easy. My nose is still a little blocked but luckily no more coughing and my voice sounded alright, otherwise I may not be able to make an audition this Thursday! Anyway I am back to work today, but the entire server was down, so I was not able to access my mails or do online filing, hence most of the work was suspended in the morning. I could not clear and reply to my emails! Just when I thought it could not get any worse, the fire alarm sounded. What a way to start a Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...