Lilypie

Friday, August 28, 2009

Not A Model, Not A Singer

The photo shoot yesterday went okay, but the audition was screwed up. The photo shoot was for a certain magazine. I must say, they are really professional indeed! I got a makeover which includes makeup, hair and one change of clothes. But the posing! Oh gosh!

I had to sit on a wooden cube and leaned against the wall. I am no model, so the posing was quite excruciating. I would much rather prefer to just stand up and do my own thing, instead of having to do a certain pose with a smile plastered on my face throughout! I am not stranger to makeovers, but this was somehow different, since the Art Director was there and he had to tell the photographer which pose to let me be in! Hence the pressure.

Still, the whole thing went pretty well. If anything the whole process was fun, and I got to work with jolly people - the makeup artist, the hairstylist, the Art Director, the photographer and even the journalist and editorial assistants! At least I come to a long-overdue conclusion - I am not a model be!

The audition, on the other hand, was really screwed up. The audition was for my school's alumni group to see if I can sing the school song during the graduation ceremonies of a few batches, and to record the song for circulation amongst the school.

When I went into the recording studio, I was greeted with a panel of four "judges". The strong air-conditioning, coupled with the fact that the audition would be live and recorded, and facing the judges made me almost have a nervous breakdown!

The worst thing was that the CD I brought somehow could not be played, so I had to end up singing a ca pella, and with my nervousness, plus the fact that my throat suddenly clammed up and voice came up croaky, think I sounded really bad. Now I know how the Idol contestants felt! As it is, I can never be a singer too, no matter how I psyche myself to perform solo!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Looking forward to seeing you post your photos here! Cheers!

juphelia said...

Haha.. that depends whether I get the photos back, as they are all the property of SPH now!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...