Lilypie

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Wedding Singer

It had been so long since I last sang for a wedding mass, four years to be exact! For some reason, even though I was up in the loft with the church choir and could hardly see the procession, I felt touched by the beauty of the marriage.

Perhaps because to me, all weddings are beautiful as it represents the commitment to be with someone and withstand all his / her quirks, go through happy times and sad times, trials and tribulations, to be together, for the rest of your life. That is the beauty of love.

The songs chosen were all handpicked by the bridal couple as well. So were the readings. What really inspired me was the priest's sermon. He said, "In order to keep peace and happiness in your house, the husband must make the wife happy. Afterall, if the wife is happy, everyone will be happy, but if the wife is unhappy, there will be no peace." Amen!!!

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

I think that 'From This Moment On' by Shania Twain is the most meaningful wedding song :-)

juphelia said...

Yes, I love that song too. A friend used it for her wedding march and the guests all kept quiet!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...