Lilypie

Monday, August 31, 2009

Different Business Entities

Last Thursday after the photo shoot and the audition, I went for the first of six sessions of a Fundamentals of Corporate Governance course, which my company sponsored me to. The session touched on the various different entities, like sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and companies, and which entity can convert or upgrade or downgrade to which.

It was like law school all over again! We had an intensive lecture on company law, incorporation of companies, taxation and tax havens, case law and landmark cases where the plaintiff unsuccessfully sued the defendant on the use of the company name as passing off or causing confusion.

When I took at the set of course handouts, I panicked, as the first session already had like hundred pages of notes! But the instructor only covered the powerpoint slides (twelve slides in all), the rest was for us to read on our own. At least this course seems practical and useful, especially for the kind of work which I am currently doing. Hopefully by the end of the six sessions, I can more or less know how best to do my work effectively and apply the theories covered!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...