Lilypie

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Soccer "Widow"?

What is it with men and soccer? Now that it is the middle of the World Cup season, I still do not understand what it is about a round checkerboard ball that keeps so many people in the world crazy for it, to the extent of killing for it.

Personally I have not watched any game. I cannot be bothered to stay up or wake up just to watch a soccer game. I am not adverse towards football nor against it; I just do not see why people get so hyped up about over men kicking balls.

But I am in a family where soccer is the number one preferred sport for the guys. My brothers root for Manchester United whereas my guy claims to be a full-time Arsenal and part-time Liverpool fan. Needless to say, there have always been shouting matches (at the television set, not at each other) when all are watching soccer together.

Now with the biggest sporting event, it is an intensive shouting match. Each supports a different team and each has his own preference who to win. All day long, I see nothing but people checking results, hearing talk on soccer and speculation on the big final.

Hence this period of time, nothing else exists for men. Even if I can suddenly lose ten kilograms and parade in front of them in a sexy bikini and their focus still will be on the ball game.

Sigh ... There is nothing else for me to do except to wait for the big finals and that four years will not fly by so soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...