Lilypie

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Running A Marathon

So it is confirmed. I am participating in the Standard Chartered Marathon in December, running ten kilometres for charity. What happened was my dear was signing up through his office, and he kind of goaded me to register as well. So a few weeks back, I tried registering. I thought if I am to run a marathon, I need some form of motivation. Hence I decided to run for charity.

But when I tried registering online, somehow my transaction was not successful. There was no confirmation slip sent as well. I thought nothing of that and tried to register again the following week. But the second time I tried registering, all places for adults were full. Seems like this event is really very popular, and there are really so many avid runners around!

However, when I received my bill earlier, I realised the transaction was charged! I was puzzled, so called up the organisers. The lady who answered my call said it could be due to a technical glitch, and it was a common problem. Apparently there had been people who registered but their transaction was "not successful".

Nevertheless, she promised to check up for me. Five minutes later, she called me again and told me my registration was confirmed, hence the charge. She even told me my registration ID, proving the success of the registration. However, she said because of the technical glitch, some of my particulars were not captured, so someone would be calling me soon to verify the missing information.

Hmmm.. if my transaction was not successful and some information missing, yet my card could be charged and I could have a registration ID? This sounds rather dangerous. Still it seems as if some divine being felt it best for me to take up some sports, and perhaps training and running for a marathon is a good way to start and lose weight too.

I am rather apprehensive about running ten kilometres, but this is for charity. So I guess I just have to persevere and do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...