Lilypie

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Of Local Sight-Seeing

I always love travelling. It is a great privilege to be able to travel and see the world. Sometimes I admire the culture in the West as they can take a few weeks off during summer or Easter or Christmas and just go travelling. How I wish I have that many days off!

But actually if we have a long weekend and no time or money to have a real get-away, there are also places here which many have never known. Instead of going overseas to soak up their culture, why do we not soak up our own culture as well?

In fact, there are lots of places here to explore, if only one makes the point to look around. There are so many areas to sight-see. One should get used to one's country before one can start getting used to another country!

Hence from now on when I fret over where to go and what to do, I can start by exploring this little island of rich culture and a blend of history!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...