Lilypie

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baring Our Lungs ....

Last Saturday, I went for a long awaited for singing session. Unfortunately, my voice was not that great, probably due to the intensive choir practice the day before. Still, it was a great singing session.

We started off with dinner at Candlenut Kitchen. (For a description of the place, check out our food blog.) Then we proceeded to Party World. But the cost seemed a bit pricey, so we went on to the Kbox nearby. However, I find that particular Kbox does not have as wide a repertoire as Party World. Many of the songs I wanted were not available. Furthermore, there were not as many original MTVs of the songs, so many of the songs show girls in bikinis wondering around the beach. How cheesy!

My greatest surprise is that my dear actually sang a Mandarin song, not just any Mandarin song, but one by the late Teresa Teng! Wow.. I did not know he even knew any Mandarin songs! He took Chinese until after secondary, but he definitely does not listen to any Mandarin songs. In fact, the Mandarin songs I know are much more than him (and I am not one who listens to Mandarin songs too)!

When it comes to Mando pop, I get very selective over the repertoire. I only listen to real good quality, so those Taiwanese boybands and all the other singers whom many people go crazy over, they do not cut it for me. I listen to only Jacky Cheung, Kit Chan, Teresa Teng and Wan Fang. To me, I feel these are the only good vocals around, the rest simply do not cut it.

Hence I was really surprised he could croon Teresa Teng’s “The Moon Represent My Heart”. The others chose their songs and had a great time crooning away too! In the end, Kbox is not exactly that cheap as well since they added in hidden costs, like taxes and tidbits. I told them to do without the tidbits but they claimed each room would have at least one bowl depending on the number of people. So if we had seven of us, there would be three bowls, even though two bowls would be more than enough, but they refused to bend their rules.

In any case, it was a great singing session. I only hope my voice had recovered enough for the practice this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...