Lilypie

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Course Choice Amendment Exercise

I received my course choice confirmation letter today. As expected, I was offered all four modules which I signed up for. Yet why is it I felt it was not enough?

I guess because there are so many other modules I am interested in. I would like to take up those subjects solely for interest sake and not to count towards the overall grade.

So I called in and asked, and was told to write in and request formally. I suspect no one else ever had this request hence the staff there had no idea how to handle too.

The thing is, down here, when people go to school, they are only focused on scoring well for examinations and would take just the appropriate courses to graduate.

I do not think anyone would even bother taking extra if it does not contribute to their overall grade. Afterall, why would anyone waste time and money to take something they deem as "useless"?

So I believe my request would raise more than a few eyebrows. But to me, I always believe going to school is not just for results.

Going to school means experiencing whatever the school can offer and gaining knowledge, which includes keeping your interests alive and increasing your knowledge by taking whatever we are interested in. Even if we do not take the examinations and that do not count towards my final grade, still I have learnt something and gained more knowledge.

Afterall anything can happen during examinations but whatever knowledge gained and however our lives were enriched, no one could take that away from us. And having an education fits that purpose instead of just scoring.

In any case, I really hope and pray that my request would be acceded and I can take more subjects this coming semester!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...