Lilypie

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Day Of Musicals

Today will be a day of musicals! We would be going for two musicals, one in the afternoon and one at night. The one we would be going to in the afternoon is "Sesame Street Live." Yes, I know, it is supposed to be for kids, but the Sesame Street show and I went back a long way.

I grew up watching Sesame Street, and always wondered when would there ever be a live Sesame Street show in my country. My wish came true in 1991. That way, during the June holidays, the Sesame Street show was being performed for four days. I begged my mum to bring me to watch, even though I was already in secondary school then.

She obliged, and bought the tickets two months in advance. However, in her opinion, I did not do well enough for my examinations for her to bring me to watch. But she did not tell me she would not be bringing me. On the day itself, when I prepared to go out, my dad just told me he would be staying home with me while my mum bring my brothers out.

I kicked out a very big fuss. As far as I was concerned, it was a breach of promise. She promised to bring me, and now, without telling me, she just refused to bring me along! I cried and begged, but she refused to budge. My dad even said so what if I did not get to watch? He was not going too! For that, I said, he was different, he did not care but I did.

In any case, I had to stay at home, sobbing and crying, while my mum brought my brothers out for a nice time. She gave the extra tickets to my aunt and my cousin, who also did not tell me that they would be going too, and I only found out about it when I called my aunt to ask her to ask my mum to let me go along. Talk about "double betrayal"!

Since then, I swear to myself that if Sesame Street ever comes again, I must watch it, no matter how old I am or how much the tickets cost. My wish came true again, almost twenty years later. Sesame Street Live did come again, and it was only going to be shown for two days this time round. So I immediately bought the tickets, which turned out not as expensive as I thought because I could get one-for-one tickets with discount! Now I can finally see all my favourite childhood characters live!

After Sesame Street in the afternoon, we would be going to watch the local musical "Fried Rice Paradise" at night. Hopefully that will be just as good! I am so looking forward to this day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...