Lilypie

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sesame Street Live!

As mentioned in my previous post, I went to see "Sesame Street Live" yesterday afternoon. Even though it has been so long since I last watched Sesame Street, the characters are still as cute and loveable as before, especially Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie and Bert!

The theme of the show is called "When Elmo Grows Up", so each character came up with a song and dance item on what he / she would like to be when he / she grows up. Elmo could not make up his mind, so every character showed him and gave him an idea on what he wanted to be when he grew up. At the end, it was Big Bird who did not know what he wanted, culminating in the big pageant at the finale.

There were a few changes to the Sesame Street I remember. Elmo used to be a minor character, but now, he has a segment called "Elmo's World". With modern technology, all the alphabets and teachings are now upgraded to Elmo's computer, with the message, "Elmo has mail" repeating itself. Elmo even talked to his computer!

In any case, it was a rather enjoyable show! I finally got one of my childhood wishes fulfilled and it was great re-living my childhood and see all my favourite characters! I took some photos of the show too, but since it was dark and I was sitting quite way back, the photos may not turn out that well.

The Opening Scene - can recognise Cookie Monster, Elmo and Bert?


This is Grover





This was really cute - the trees in a "forest" scene started talking and singing!




Cookie Monster dressed as a fire fighter


Elmo's World!



Can you spot Oscar the Grouch?





The Pageant at the end - can see everyone?
(Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Telly and Grover!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...