Lilypie

Friday, September 3, 2010

What A Baby!

For the past two days, my Marketing Director has been bringing his three-month-old baby to the office. While he was off attending meetings, the baby was at his desk in a stroller. His subordinates took turns taking care of him. When the baby cried, the mothers in my office took turns carrying him and soothing him.

But when the baby cried harder, someone called the father out and he carried his baby into the meeting room. We saw him standing and nursing the baby to sleep, while conducting the meeting at the same time.

My Marketing Director is a Caucasian, and I guess in their culture, the parents have to take on equal responsibilities in raising the child. I agree with that too, because the baby comes from both parents and not just one. So how can only one parent does everything and the other does not bother?

Raising up a child is not so much working hard and bringing in money to take care of his needs. Yes, it is expensive to raise a child and even bring a child into the world. But it is no use even if his physical needs are met. A child needs the parents to fulfil his emotional needs too. For sure I will never want my child to grow up without seeing me around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...