Lilypie

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Me" Time

The dear is away for reservist the next two weeks, and I finally have some time to myself. Do not get me wrong, I am not being overjoyed or happy that he is away (although I believe he is happier I am not around to “nag” him :-P), but then, do people seriously expect me to sit around, mope, wait and essentially pine for him until he gets back?

I have my own things to do as well, namely this big project for my course which accounts for 50% of the grades, and if I mess that up, I can be prepared to kiss a passing mark goodbye. I know many guys kind of expect their girlfriends to pine and whine for them, but to me, I have a life too. It does not mean that by doing what I have to do with or without him, I am putting him as last priority. What do people expect me to do just because he needs to serve the country?

Similarly, just because I pine and whine away, it also does not mean I am necessarily putting him as first priority too. Having said that, I do miss him. I do miss him around, miss his company, miss his quirky ways.

But miss him or not, I have to make an assignment deadline, go for my cousin’s wedding this Saturday and to my friend’s baby’s first month celebration. I do not have to stop doing what I am doing just because he is not around.

It is good to enjoy some “me” time once in a while. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Take it from me – he is only away two days, and already I miss him like mad. I can hardly wait for the weekend when he can finally book out and I can see him again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...