Lilypie

Friday, December 30, 2005

Ageing Gracefully? - Not!

I finally went for a facial session after the last one in April. My image consultant lectured me a little on not attending the sessions regularly. I would not have attended because the place where I work now is so out of the way and inconvenient to go anywhere, except the beauty parlour sent me a Christmas voucher for a free session, so I may as well utilise it.

I have my own skincare routine, all the more so in recent years ever since reaching my mid-twenties, but facial sessions are for thorough deep cleansing and extraction of all the blackheads and whiteheads, plus general maintenance where regular skincare does not entail. I must thank both my parents for having pretty good skin, so I am those few lucky ones who do not need to attend regular sessions.

Luckily I come from a family where everyone has good skin. I hardly ever break out even as a teenager. Where my classmates had to battle with acne and scarring, my face was spotless and they always wondered how I did it. I hardly did much during my teenage years as I started the real skincare routine only upon reaching my adulthood. So I guess my only saving grace is that I inherited the good genes from my parents.

But as one ages, all things come to an end. I really admire those women who had given birth to a few kids, yet still look so slim, elegant, pretty and young. How I wish I can look half as good after giving birth. Even right now, I am already struggling so hard to maintain my looks, figure, skin and hair. I wonder how those women did it?

It is true that skin becomes drier as one gets older. So where in the past I could get away from using just a mild moisturiser on my hands and face and eye gel, it is now the time to start using something more intensive, like hand cream, serums, eye creams and sunblock. I am not as young as before.

The recent Aussie trip taught me a bitter lesson about taking things for granted. So I am the only one in the position to take care of myself before all the premature ageing starts to sink in. No matter how good genes I have, they will all come to nought if I do not maintain properly.

And skincare is not just for girls. It is also the reason why so many guys look so young too. With proper maintenance and routine, anybody can remain perpetually youthful, be it guys or girls. After all, you are the only one in the position to take care of your own well-being.

So for those who are blessed with relatively good skin, better start maintaining now and not take your good features for granted, otherwise when all the lines start coming and being embedded deeper, it will be too late to turn back the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...