Lilypie

Saturday, December 3, 2005

Off To The Land Of Oz....

So the performance is over, and we can have a break from practice until next year. Next in store for me are the carolling outreach projects, attending the wedding dinner of my former law school mate, and helping my friend out with her wedding after I come back from the Land of Oz. A busy busy period, plus starting my new job.

I actually saw the life-sized version of Rodin's Thinker yesterday afternoon, at the art gallery in Takashimaya. Really majestic stature. Of all the pictures I have seen, I never know the real thing is so breathtaking. Just like when I saw the life-sized painting of Claude Monet's "Waterlilies", the entire thing is so much more spectacular than the posters which I have seen. Now I only hope I can find "Starry Starry Night" (the painting, not the song).

Off to Melbourne in the afternoon. We have to bring my paternal grandma over to my aunt's place, and my maid and beloved Cookie to my maternal grandma's place in the morning before heading off to the airport. My parents wanted to save on parking fee so they told us to take the train all the way to the airport, then the Skytrain to Terminal 1. I may not have access to a computer since we will most likely be on the road most of the time. So I see you again after the 12th! Updates and photos of the trip (as well as the performance) to follow.

Thus good night, good night, the dawn is in sight, good night, fare well, good night, good niiiiiiggggghhhhttttt! Take care and adios! Sumpai Jumpa or till we meet again! (Did I get this right?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...