Lilypie

Monday, September 4, 2006

A Goof-Up .... And Good News

We just got a new all-in-one colour printer / photocopier / scanner, so I spent an hour setting up the whole thing last night. I have not lost my touch. I used to set up the computer and programs for my family, and now I can still do it.

But that is not difficult anyway. Just follow the instructions, plug in wherever needed, load whatever programs and that is it. Yet a lot of people I know do not feel comfortable setting up the system themselves, even with guidebooks.

I goofed up big time. I thought I was so “smart” by upgrading my blog to the more advanced beta version, powered by Google. In the end, I realize I am not able to comment in others’ blogs using my username, ie those blogs that have not been upgraded to beta yet.

Thus I have to use the “other” function and posting comments with my initials. I think others cannot post comments into my blog with their usernames too, unless they have switched to the beta version.

I tried an experiment and find that those who use “other” and anonymous can still comment though (NOT an invitation to post nasty or nonsensical remarks!). It seems that the Blogger people themselves know about this problem and are trying their fastest to rectify as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, good news! Why? Because I GOT THE JOB!!!! The one at the hotel and spa management company. A dream place to work at. I cannot believe I actually landed the job! All these years, I never dared apply to companies like these as I always deem them as too “above” me.

And now I got a job in there! I have to give thanks to God and everyone who has encouraged and supported me along the way. And this time, I am not going to goof up or do anything stupid to jeopardize my career chances again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before you write something, can you use your bimbotic brains, even though bimbos are meant to be pretty but you are not. Who in the world told you that people cannot comment or that you cannot? Just because no one leaves a comment on your blog? Feel sorry for the company that is stupid enough to employ you.

Richard said...

I am able to comment on your blog - even though I have not upgraded to blogger beta.

Congratulations on the job, I hope you find it fulfilling and enriching!

Ole'Wolvie said...

Testing...

Yep, Now I know why I could not post comments...

Anyway, congratulations on the new job. I did say that you're kind of suitable for it no? ^^

KaiRiNu said...

Hey..congrats in landing the job!Any discounts for spa treatments then?haha =p
~takecare!

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie & Kairinu : Thanks! Very much appreciated, and yes, I'm entitled to spa and resort discounts anywhere around the world. :-p

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...