Lilypie

Saturday, September 2, 2006

OperAsia Chamber Singers

I received this from my former Artistic Director, kindly forwarded by my friend who is going over to join her chorus. So he is inviting me along. Our former Artistic Director also said since she already knows my voice and standard, I can just go and join with no auditions!

Hence now, I am promoting this to everyone, as she is trying to get more members to take part. Any of you interested, please go for the audition.

As for me, I will consider taking part next year, once I get my job status settled. Plus, my friends who are joining are petitioning for the practices to be held on a weekday instead of a weekend, so only when practices are confirmed on a weekday, then I will take part.

Dearest choristers,

I am writing to inform all of you that OperAsia's newly established Chamber Singers (OACS) will commence it's rehearsal in September. Thank you for your patience for waiting for this ensemble to happen.

I have decided to add the existing OperAsia 8 - 10 Youth Singers with this new group so we can sing proper classical 4 part harmony!!!! I'll accept any singers who are interested in choral music, love singing in a cozy ensemble, strong spirit for teamwork and of course who has a tunable ear and voice! There is no age requirement to join but new singers (meaning those who have never sung for me before) need to do a simple audition.

Our targeted number of singers is 24. Do look around and invite potential singing friends to join us! We need the number to keep the choir alive! I don't have everyone's (as in those who have sung with us before) email addresses. If you don't see their names on the 'to' and you know that they are interested, pass me the email addresses and I shall send this announcement individually.

To add on, I would also like to see this chamber group to become a young conductor's nurturing ground. Those who has the potential and who are interested, do let me know.

Practice schedule: Every Saturday afternoon 4-630pm right after the junior voice program.

Venue: 33 Kerbau Road (next to WildRice!)

Date of commencement: 9 September 2006

Audition: 9 September 2006

OACS' Inaugural Christmas Concert: A 250th Birthday Celebration Concert to Mozart! (This will be a Fundraising Christmas Concert working together with Mrs Jennifer Yeo for the Children's Cancer Foundation in Singapore). Other highlights including solo songs by invited soloists, Christmas songs by OperAsia Children's Chorus and the famous Mozart's soprano solo motet: Exultate, Jubilate performed by moi!

The one hour concert event includes an exhibition and a brief pre-concert talk about Mozart, his works and life.

Venue : St. Teresa's Monastery.

Choir Fee: $35 per 4 sessions (inclusive of cost for photocopied materials. Any original score purchase is to be borned by members) for student members and $40 per 4 sessions for working class members.

There will be a special fee for student members who come from low income family and could not afford paying the entire fee mentioned above. Do talk to me personally so we can work something out for you but please do not abuse this kindness because if we do not collect enough to sustain this group, we may not be able to continue!!

Those of you who are interested in joining, please send me an email at dr.wongsusun@gmail.com to register by 7 September. Registration is free!!!!!!

Look forward to work with all of you once again after such a long musical pause!!


So anybody interested? She is a good person to go under for people who want to train their vocals and techniques. She was the one who trained me to sing higher than I have ever gone before, and I will always be grateful to her because of that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...