Lilypie

Friday, September 15, 2006

A New Chapter (And My Deepest Condolences)

Pink again?! Did I hear someone say?

Yes, pink again, and why? Because it reflects me!

And why the new look? Because I want to start over. It may be a very selfish time to start over especially since I have only just received news of the demise of someone I have come to admire and love, but now that she is in Heaven, I believe she will want everyone to live on happily ever after, living on for her, doing things she no longer has the chance to do.

Landing this new job marks a new beginning for me. And being able to finally start over closes an old chapter in my book, which I have learnt to come to terms with and let go. Imagine what the news of death can do to someone. I feel as if a part of myself has been torn away.

She was like the sister I never had. And although I did not have the fortune of seeing her in person or hearing her voice, her zest for life and love for everyone filled me with awe. She was someone I have come to admire and respect as a sister, as a friend, as a soulmate.

She has touched me in her own way. She was as perfect as could be, otherwise why would everyone love her? And she fully deserved all the love, affection and attention everyone was giving her, as she gave much more in return. So the news shocked me and caused my tears to well up in my eyes.

To dearest Angie : I regret that there was not much I could convey since I only got to know you from your musings, but you were an inspiration to me, a pillar of support, and a long-lost sister. I love you in my own way, although I never had the chance to show it, but I do.

My deepest condolences to your family and friends, those who have known you much longer, and loved you much deeper. You will definitely be missed by everyone, by me, by your friends, by your family, and anyone else you have ever sparked a life in.

This is for you, when you look down from Heaven and know everyone is mourning for you. And I will live on, for you, to be like you, and to fulfil your dreams.

And so, this song is for you. One of your favourites, for someone I met long, long ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...