Lilypie

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Planning A Maltese Trip

My Aussie cousin has left for Malta with his wife-to-be …. and I have to plan a Maltese trip complete with sight-seeing. After all, it makes no sense to just be in the air for twenty hours, stay for a day for the wedding, then fly back another twenty hours.

Besides, the longer I stay, the cheaper the airfare. Since the travel time takes almost a day, I have to leave on the preceding Thursday instead of Friday as the wedding would be on a Saturday.

If I leave on Thursday and fly back on Sunday or Monday, the airfare is almost S$8,000.00 round trip. However, if I leave on Thursday and fly back the following Thursday, the airfare is only about S$3,500.00.

I only need to spend three days touring the place, and the total price for the sight-seeing tours is about S$1,500.00. Throw in accommodation, meals, transport and tips and everything will add up to S$7,000.00 maximum.

The period of time I will be going will be around early July during the summer. I guess that explains the costliness, since it is an island beach resort by itself, and I believe many Europeans (and also others) will tour there during the summer.

But considering all else, it is still much better to stay a few days and explore the area rather than just flying back immediately. More cost-effective, plus able to immerse in the culture and take in the historical sights at the same time.

How I wish I can take more days off, then I can join my parents and relatives as they are talking of touring St Petersburg or Spain. But I guess I shall just let the older generation enjoy themselves, and I go my own way without any worries or pressure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...