Lilypie

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Heart To Hearts

Lately I have been having a number of heart to heart talks with a few people. And all the intense conversation had struck a chord in my mind. I feel happy, melancholic, disappointed, relieved and ecstatic all at the same time.

The first person was my mum. She was talking to me about opening my eyes wide, considering more guys and really making sure before I finally commit. She told me not to just stick with one person but mix around.

Is she asking me to flirt around? I told her I am a one-man woman. She said she is only asking me to explore more options, not to two- or three-time. But give others a chance to know me, instead of shutting out altogether. Somehow I cannot do that. If I go with a guy, it means my heart belongs to him wholly. How can I be with some other person whom I have no feelings for? It will be so unfair to everyone.

The second person was him. I told him everything I have been feeling, and my entire state of mind when it comes to him and us. I was rather emotional at that time, and was worried what his reaction would be. I was prepared for whatever outcome. But luckily we managed to settle the things that have been bothering us, so now things are better, he is almost back to his "old" ways, almost back to being the man who took my heart away in the first place.

The third person came as a surprise to me as he was none other than my second ex. It started with a certain message sent to him regarding a certain wedding invitation. He did not reply me so I did not think any further. But he replied me a few days back, and we started exchanging messages. Perhaps exchanging messages would not be considered as "heart to heart talk" but we had a "conversation" where we thrashed out everything. And finally we were able to part amicably, few years overdue.

We apologised to each other - he on how he had treated me, and me for harbouring hate and despise for him. I then congratulated him wholeheartedly on his upcoming wedding. I am genuinely happy that he finally found someone whom he deem as right for himself.

Meanwhile, with my loved one stuck in Kuala Lumpur for the weekend, I am having the whole weekend to myself, figuring out the activities I can do to keep myself occupied. But knowing my mum, she would make me rest for another day in case my fever comes back again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...