Lilypie

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Reflections ....

I had an almost sleepless night. My second ex officially got engaged yesterday, and he was so excited and infected everyone with his enthusiasm. I replied him with a congratulatory message.

I am really happy for him, but I cannot help thinking he never seemed to be that excited about me before. I asked him last week what is it about that girl that he finds so special.

I am not saying she is not special; I believe she is, but I am just curious to know why he fell for her in the first place.

It cannot be just her looks alone. Afterall, if one is pretty and yet have nothing to show for it internally, I do not think the relationship can sustain all these while. He told me that he saw his own reflection in her.

Come to think of it, that seems pretty true. At least on impression, the two of them have the same temperament. Good for him that he found someone that complements him.

My third ex told me the same thing a few days back. He was telling me about this new love in his life, that he sees himself in her. And he seems to be doing so much more for her in the few weeks they have been together as compared to what he did for me in the two years we were together.

Maybe people do fall hard for someone who complements them, who is like them in a lot of aspect? I have never “seen myself in another person” so to speak, but then again, I always thought I am the type that no one can ever be remotely similar with.

Is it really possible to find someone who complements you in every aspect? But when love strikes, Cupid will not bother how compatible or complementary both people are. The love just happened, and it is then up to the couple to make things work out.

There is a saying that opposites attract. Is it really true? I have been with a guy who is my exact opposite, and that was a nightmare, both for me (and him I suppose).

I have been with a guy who is almost 80% like me, but that, too, did not work out. I have also been with a guy who is in-between – like me in some aspects, but opposite in other aspects, and that became another nightmare towards the end.

Yet, none of the guys in the past ever made me feel that I am truly desired and loved in that way, that they are willing to commit to me. That they cannot wait to settle down with me. That they are willing to do more for me than what I had ever done for them.

Which is exactly what they show to their next girlfriends after me. And that makes me really wonder, am I someone useless or lousy? Am I really that bad?

Now I am with someone who is also 70% like me, in the way we think, in interests, in the type of life we like to lead, and he is treating me well.

Even though I have yet to be with someone who really “sees himself in me” or I in him, but I hope this will be my last chance, and things can progress further between us.

Somehow, I remember this song. The lyrics really reflect me, how I feel, how I want to be. I wish that I can show the world who I really am and be truly accepted for who I am.

Reflections – Co Co Lee

Look at me
You may think you see who I really am
But you’ll never know me
Everyday it’s as if I play a part
Now I see
If I wear a mask I can fool the world
But I cannot fool my heart

Who is that girl I see?
Staring straight back at me
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?

I am now
In a world where I have to hide my heart
And what I believe in
But somehow
I will show the world what’s inside my heart
And be loved for who I am

Who is that girl I see?
Staring straight back at me
Why is my reflection someone I don’t know?
Must I pretend that I’m
Someone else for all time
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?

There’s a heart that must be free to fly
That burns with a need to know the reason why

Why must we all conceal
What we think how we feel
Must there be a secret me I’m forced to hide?
I won’t pretend that I’m
Someone else for all time

When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...