Lilypie

Friday, September 8, 2006

Farewell To The Central Business District

Finally, I am free! As in today was my last day at my old work place. I am officially done with that company. I told my boss that I cannot work until Wednesday and had to leave by today. As a result, it had been a few very tiring and busy days, working late to clear up everything to ensure a proper handover.

It was not an easy feat, because my work was essentially done. It was the backlog that was still not cleared, because my predecessor accumulated a lot of stuff which were not updated, and the lady before her accumulated even more stuff. As a result, the status of some cases were not updated ever since 2001!

So I had to almost work round the clock, staying until pretty late the last few days, just to clear up everything. And I had to miss out on my Salsa class as well as the Westlife concert. :-( Luckily the new girl came in today, and she had more corporate experience than me, so it was not that hard handing over. I did not need to go through everything, as she knows what to do.

Come Monday, I will officially start my new job. The office building itself is in District 10, the high-class area, near the vicinity of all the "parks" like Leedon Park, Ardmore Park, Hume Park, Hazel Park. Just as well I am lucky that I have a straight bus direct from my area that will drop me outside the office building. So it is an official good-bye to the Central Business District!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...