Lilypie

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hats Off!

I did a real crazy thing today. I bought a hat! Not that crazy to buy a hat, but then no one in the right mind in this island will ever wear a hat out, so buying a hat here is something out of this world.

What triggered me to buy a hat? I happened to see it on display. The mannequin had on a pink T-shirt and jeans, with that hat. A pink furry (fake of course!) hat, with sunglasses. The icon of style! I fell in love with the hat, and since I have all the other items, I decided to get the hat and complete the ensemble.

This is not the first hat I have though. My first hat was given by my best friend. I still have it with me. It is a white, fisherman's type of hat, which was a hand-me-down from her. I wore it on our trip to Bintan.

Then I have other hats. I bought a white and black reversible hat a few years back, then my second ex bought me a light blue ski cap (those winter hats) on one of his trips overseas. I also got a free red hat from my third ex's mum. Needless to say, I seldom wear the hats since there is hardly an occasion to wear them here. I only wear them once in a blue moon when I have the sudden fancy.

But now that I bought the new hat, I am thinking of bringing it on the trip with me. At least it can come into use and not become a white elephant!

2 comments:

Richard said...

I never wear hats (or sunglasses - ok, not true, I do wear them now when driving, but not otherwise).

juphelia said...

It's not that necessary where you live. Where I live, it seems more necessary as the sun bears down on us all the time, and hats and sunglasses are the only form of protection from the harsh piercing rays of the sun. More sunglasses than hats anyway, because most people will shield their eyes from the sun.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...