Lilypie

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Stye In The Eye ....

I managed to get daily disposable lenses. At an exorbitant price. Now I know why I never did wear daily disposables, because the price alone is enough to kill. The monthly disposables I wear cost me more than a hundred per year, but a months' supply of daily disposables already cost about a hundred. So if I am to buy a year's supply, it will cost more than three hundred, double the amount for monthly disposables!

I got the daily disposables for my upcoming trip. Usually I would wear my normal contacts and then bring along a small size bottle of solution, but after my lens got flushed down in Japan last year, and I had to go around looking like a nerd the rest of the trip, I decided to get daily disposables this time. Then I can cut the hassle of bringing along a case and solution, I just need to bring along the small box and the lenses can last me for fifteen days at least, just nice for my trip!

I just developed a stye in my eye. Not exactly in my eye, but under it. It is a lump on my bottom eyelid. It is not painful as I thought, just some sort of a welt or swelling. I thought it was due to stress, or frustration, or depression, or the mixed-up emotions I have lately. It is quite a surprise as I have never developed a stye before. I do not welcome it of course, as I have read that once a stye has developed, it will always come back.

Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that my contacts have expired. I did not deliberately wear expired contacts. What happened was that I bought a new supply of monthly disposables for a year last July. It was only lately that I realise the expiry date was December 2006!

No doubt I was not observant or careful enough, but as an optical professional, how can anyone sell a customer contacts that will expire within a few months if the supply is meant to last for a year? I bought the contacts in July 2006, and the expiry is December 2006, not even half a year! That is so unprofessional!

I wonder if I can sue? Bring the case up to the Consumer Association or claim from the Small Claims? Maybe I should bring it up to my boss tomorrow and get his advice on this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...