Lilypie

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Science "Fiction"

A lot of my friends, especially the females, can never understand why I like science fiction. I can never understand it myself as well. For someone who cannot stand any form of science, be it mathematics or chemistry or physics (biology is still a little bearable), I kind of like science fiction.

I always wonder is there a life in outer space? Are there aliens among us? Can one really go back in time or into the future? All these are rather intriguing. That is why I enjoy Star Wars, and X-Files. All these stories capture one's imagination and it always makes me be more wary of my surroundings, just in case one day I happen to come across someone from another planet.

In reality, there have not been any proof that life do exist in other planets. But the entire universe is not made up of just the Solar System and Milky Way alone. It is boundless, and there are plenty more planets. Is it even remotely possible that one or some of the planets have life forms? And the aliens could even look like humans?

Many people may scoff at this idea, but who is to say that is not possible? Afterall the entire universe is so vast. What makes people think that there are no life forms somewhere else? Of course seeing is believing, but then there are many things which can never be explained, by science or religion. Who is to say then that these grey areas are not possible?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...