Lilypie

Monday, August 13, 2007

A Day Of Exercising (Of Sorts)

Yesterday I had almost a day of exercising, with four rounds of bowling and two rounds of pool. We played from about 2:00pm all the way to 7:00pm, five hours straight! Although bowling and pool are not really vigorous exercises of any type, but after five hours of throwing and shooting big balls and small balls, all of us felt tired and lethargic indeed!

Come to think of it, when was the last time I bowled? I used to go bowling every week when I was with my first guy, and I never really enjoyed that as he expected me to be of professional standard, and would tell me off each time I missed a strike. To me, it is just a game, so why the need to be so competitive?

My second guy does not bowl, so when I was with the next guy, we played bowling again, only once, because he is more into pool. And that was about four years back already. Even then it was not a full game as I sprained my wrist while bowling that time so had to sit out the rest of the game.

Anyway, the bowling game yesterday was quite fun, even though I had more gutter balls than actually striking. My game improved during the fourth round, when I could actually strike more pins than having a gutter ball again.

And since the snookerium is just next to the bowling alley, we went in there to play a few rounds. Somehow, perhaps because I used up most of my energy bowling, I did not have enough strength to shoot the ball using the cue, so even though normally the ball could drop into the hole, my balls could only hover around the hole and not drop in. So my second game became very draggy indeed, and I needed some help at the end in shooting the balls in, or else the game would never end.

Needless to say, my calf and waist started aching today. But it was good, because at least I get to exercise, something which will otherwise not really be part of my lifestyle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...