Lilypie

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Taking Salsa Again ....

I started Salsa lesson again tonight. This time round the class has a more balance mix of males and females. And this time round, the students seem more beginners than the previous time where there were students who actually know how to dance.

Initially I thought of going with him but he had already completed beginner's Salsa, so we signed up for Tango together, which will be starting around end of September. So I am taking Salsa and Tap on my own. I had to refresh my memory on the various steps and beats and rhythms. Perhaps because I have already gone through a few lessons (thus not totally ignorant), somehow I seem to be able to catch the beat easier this time.

Once we managed to get the hang of the steps, we started doing partner dances. The guys have to rotate whereas the girls just stay put. I ended up dancing with five guys, all whom have different ways of dancing. It is hard to keep up with a couple of them, as once they step out of line (out of step actually), the entire dance will be disrupted and I end up being confused over which step to take.

Luckily the guy agreed to practice with me some times, as he wanted to refresh his steps too. Hopefully this time round I will be more able to catch up with the class, and to dance well for once!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...