Lilypie

Friday, August 10, 2007

Putt, Putt

I played golf yesterday, or rather, tried playing golf. It is not the first time I tried to play golf, the last time was about fifteen years back when my dad and my uncle brought me and my cousins to a country club and let me try to putt.

After all the times I have seen Tiger Woods in action (on television of course), I thought I would know a thing or two, but when it comes to the actual practice, it is not as easy as it seems. Alright, I know it is not going to be easy, but I never know it is so difficult to hit the ball. Or perhaps I am just clumsy, since I never have that much of a sports talent in me.

At least it was quite a useful session. I learnt about the different clubs used, the techniques in holding the club, swinging the club, hitting the ball, where to focus and aim. Even though I hit the ground more than the ball and the club is a bit heavy for me, nothing can beat the sense of satisfaction when I finally managed to hit the ball! And to see the ball fly and hit the ground.

Now I know why people like to play golf. It teaches coordination, focus, exercises your body and gives a sense of satisfaction at the same time. And ones does not need to be rich to enjoy the game, anyone can enjoy such a satisfying game!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...