Lilypie

Monday, August 13, 2007

New Church Experience

So I went to the Cathedral yesterday, and it was a beautiful experience. One always says that one can never get that kind of spiritual experience in a Catholic church, as compared to the more charismatic Christian churches, but the atmosphere in the Cathedral is indescribable!

The architecture inside is really grand! High ceilings, wall statues, kind of reminds me of the church in Malta. The altar is right in the front middle of the church, and the pews are all full. Imagine just how many people go to the Cathedral on Sunday mornings!

And of course, the choir is fantastic! The choir master was song-leading, and what a voice he has! What a voice! Oh my goodness, I will not mind singing for him and with him! There were English hymns and Latin hymns, and all are beautiful!

For such a traditional mass, it is amazing I can actually feel the spiritual atmosphere all around. The last time I ever felt like that was during Christmas midnight mass two years back. Honestly, I have a feeling I am going to stay in this church, and I really will not mind getting married in this church, with the choir to sing for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...